Owner, Lucky Herbals
Lucky Herbals was founded in October 2018 in San Antonio, TX. We are a family owned and operated business and are not in business to get rich at our customer’s expense. This is and has been our focus since day one. We have a close relationship with our supplier and they understand and agree with our business model. We have a moral conscience and will only do right by our customers. Before becoming a vendor ourselves, we have experienced variances in quality, adulteration, contamination issues, and price gouging. NO MORE. If we cannot provide the safest, and highest quality product for our customers, we will not have product available for purchase. Period.
We are working aggressively to become an American Kratom Association (AKA) and Kratom Trade Association – Good Manufacturing Practice participating vendor in 2019!
Why Choose Us?
What makes us different from other Kratom vendors? Since DAY ONE, we have been dedicated to educating our customers and remaining transparent. We stand behind the quality and freshness of our products. If you have ever placed an order internationally, you will know that the majority of Kratom vendors abroad sell in bulk, and reside in Jakarta, Indonesia. THIS IS NOT WHERE KRATOM IS GROWN! The majority of Kratom suppliers abroad are basically brokers; they are essentially a middle-man and have no direct relationship with the farmers who grow and process the Kratom for purchase. Many Indonesian Kratom vendors who do business online claim to be “farmers” and often provide no proof other than photos of plants or farms. We have experienced this as consumers and will not be fooled again. They are all too often simply reselling someone else’s product which is why you will find such a wide variance in quality and effects between orders!
When you purchase internationally, what does this mean for you, the consumer? What are the risks?
- Unknown quality control practices (sanitation, packaging, storage)
- Unknown age of raw plant material
- Potential bacterial contamination
- Unknown shipping standards: Will your package arrive safely and timely? Is it legally declared to United States Customs as mitragyna speciosa? Shippers who declare Kratom as something else put YOU at risk for getting your package confiscated, destroyed, or worse, i.e. legal prosecution. Although Kratom is not an illegal substance in most areas in the United States, knowingly accepting a package declared as something that it is not is fraud and puts you at risk for criminal prosecution.
- Potential for financial loss
We took special care when deciding who to do business with. We have chosen to remain loyal to ONE supplier who has proven himself to be honest and consistent since he entered the Kratom business several years ago. Our supplier resides in West Kalimantan, where the Kratom grows locally. He places his orders on-demand with his growers directly. He does not visit a market or warehouse to buy Kratom from anonymous growers. We give our supplier a 2-week advance notice of our intent to purchase and at that time he notifies his growers to prepare his order. At that time, freshly dried and crushed Kratom leaf is selected by requested strain and color and is ground into a fine powder and packaged into vacuum sealed bags for shipment. This ultra fine powder has the consistency of flour, without the presence of large Kratom vein or stem particles.
Our Manufacturing Process
Kratom powder will lose its freshness if not handled and stored properly. The alkaloids present in Kratom degrade over time, especially if it is exposed to air, humidity, or sunlight. Kratom powder should always be stored in a cool, dark place, and in an air-tight container. Our manufacturing process ensures that our Kratom remains in the condition that nature created it; unadulterated, pure, and fresh.
Let us share our manufacturing process with you! Here is an example of the steps we take when preparing our products for sale:
- A bulk shipment of various strains arrives in our processing facility.
- Samples are taken and submitted to a laboratory for quality and safety testing:
- Each batch undergoes microbial screening. We believe that this, in the very least, should be STANDARD for any vendor in the botanical industry.
- Once we receive batch specific Certificate of Analysis’ from our laboratory testing, the manufacturing process begins. We begin by separating bulk packages into smaller packages, each of them labeled with a batch number that references the Certificate of Analysis specific to that batch indicating strain and color, date of import, and best by / expiration date. *If stored properly, Kratom powder has been said to stay fresh and potent for up to 5 years. Because we order fresh and on an on-demand basis, we are giving our products a “Best By” date of 2 years from the date it entered into our inventory.
- It is essential that Kratom powder remains in an air-tight container. For this, we have chosen to use air-tight and heat sealed packaging for our loose Kratom powder and capsule products. We DO NOT purchase Kratom capsules from Indonesia! We only use 100% vegetarian capsules, and manufacture them in our processing facility. Encapsulating Kratom is a great way to ensure the Kratom powder doesn’t deteriorate from exposure to air!
- The final step in our manufacturing process is proper storage of packaged product. All of our packaged product is inventoried and moved to a cool, temperature controlled room where it is not exposed to any artificial UV or natural lighting. This ensures that the alkaloid profile does not degrade between the time it is imported to us, and when it arrives to you!
|Our airtight zippered pouches lock in freshness!|
*We recommend that you cut above the heat seal with scissors, rather than tear the bag by hand. This insures the bag retains more surface area above the zipper, which helps retain the clean look and allows better handling of your product!
Our product labels are glossy, laser-printed, water resistant, and display the specific LOT / BATCH numbers, BEST BY date, and full Herbal Supplement labeling.
Thank you for taking the time to read about us, and we hope to hear from you soon!